Monday, March 1, 2010

Vegetable Arrangements

The metro, the Chicano and prejudices.

way to the terminal I found a Chicano who was lost in the DF. When he approached me I thought it was a seller mp3 disc format that contains all the popular songs for the party pesito only ten, but no. He said he wanted to reach the North Central and was "a little" lost. I noticed since he said he wanted the North Central and was traveling from west to east. Or vice versa. I do not know, I explained how to get there, I pulled out my subway map and showed him where we were, where he was going and where it was not the north. Did not understand.

As Good Samaritan I am offered him a ride. For apart I could take my bus in the center even if it took longer. Just to help. Although the plain truth, he was handsome and was more for that, hehehe.

From where we were to Pantitlán not talk much. Everyone looked to the side of the door and eventually commented random trivial things like the weather, vendors, the seasons, the DF and time.

In Pantitlán, as is a long way to transfer, we began to get intimate. Erick is called, was born in the United States, Mexican parents, who lived two years in Mexico City and several things I do not remember because I focused on his eyes signs not to lose. When it was my turn to tell you my name, origin and all that, I took a long time, then explain this is difficult. And sitting in the car heading for the North Central he said, "Oh! Oaxaca! Say it's very nice, there is much vegetation, people are very friendly, great food" and finished by saying "They are beautiful the villages, I know Oaxaca. "

Then I clucked and said, "You're a fucking idiot and bigot Chicano, Go back to gringolandia already! Oaxaca is more than just a village!". I pushed him and yelled in his face, making gestures of Brooklyn African American, "what's wrong with you? dude "and threw him onto the tracks when the train was in motion. He died.

Actually that whole scene was imagined. The only thing I did was laugh falsely and nodded as he continued watching his eyes. The talk continued as normal, or almost, because I felt so sorry for the way they think and what I kept checking as he spoke of Tijuana, Mexico City and several cities in his short stay he met.

When a seller of cakes, sandwiches, burgers and marine happened, he bought a hamburger. And I said, "do not get tired of eating the same thing" to what he said: "I almost never eat burgers, it may be that cliche of the Americans and Chicanos believe that all we want to emulate. "joking and said," then you're not hip-hoppers and all that? ". I felt more serious and said," are only prejudices " .

I could not help burst out laughing and feeling bad at the same time. I swear I can be that. A word to hear the prejudice of a bigot mouth and two at that time was when I was equal to or worse than him. And not only from that moment, but since he stood next to me and I assumed he was a salesman just because you are in reggaeton (see!).

Erick and I are not so different after all. If you prejudge it because of ignorance as all they do. Prejudice say much of one. Show how ignorant you are about something.

While it is true that once told us to Tumeromole Fayer, Deer and me: "If women pendejas tell, is about something. If some gays or queers fucking tell, it is also for something. " And yes, it is totally true and not be made thick because I support that. Prejudices exist for a reason. But there will continue to use as the sole source of information on this or that is very different.

I apologized and he to me. We arrived at the terminal. He bought his ticket to Tijuana, and when I went to buy mine he went to the cafeteria and returned frappés two and two brownies . He gave me one and one and said, "have, for the trip, dude, least yours is not two days like mine" and said goodbye with a warm hug. ---------




Stories like this but not so boring, not like this, photos and more, coming soon to Metro People.

0 comments:

Post a Comment